Managing oftentimes old, expensive and long-lasting assets is tough. Rail operators have an even tougher challenge as their expensive assets are constantly on-the-move and require high levels of reliability.
Current technology is fragmented and leaves holes in teams’ understanding of maintenance, repair and usage histories. This leads to lack of visibility into the scope of assets that an organization may have, leading to asset over-purchasing or missed signs to perform preventive rather than expensive reactive maintenance.
All of these cases are caused by a lack of a unified Technology + Services model where long-term asset history is combined with accurate maintenance & repair logs. This way, Rail operators and even their suppliers can be on the same page about the status of the critical assets needed to keep our economy moving.
– Manage Statuses, Maintenance and Repairs for locomotives and railcars, cataloging and tracking them by subcomponent
– Add sensors or input data that was previously manual
– Facilitate external stocking or scrapping with Specialty Maintenance and Repair labs, maintaining visibility from Conmitto
– Track and manage the locations of goods across warehousing facilities
– Set safety stock thresholds for critical materials to prevent outages